Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Starting our Road Trip!

Today we got on the bus and began heading down the east coast. We first stopped at an orchid farm and had a lecture there. We walked around the greenhouses and saw all of the flowers that were being grown. Although some of the plants weren't in the best shape, they are supposedly easy to grow. This maybe more practical for my apartment then. After lunch we headed along the eastern coast.

The drive is amazing. Although I spent some time asleep, every time I opened my eyes I was amazed at the plunging cliffs into blue water. This cannot even compare to the mucky brown water of Houston gulf. We got the chance to stop and walk down to the beach at Cinghishui Cliff. I don't think words or pictures can do it justice. The beach extended far along the coast and behind consisted of cliffs and then lush mountain ranges covered in clouds. I could of sat there for hours
.
After a few more hours of driving we finally arrived at our location for the night. Dinner was great and we headed to yet again another night market. Taiwan seems to never sleep. I'm still also trying to figure out how they don't seem to gain weight with food literally at every corner. I'm excited to continue our drive tomorrow and see how this area compares to Taipei.

No comments:

Post a Comment