Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tea, Tea, Tea

July 14th- Woke up at the Pheonix Tea Plantation this morning. We got a tour of the facility, which contained a lot of great views. It's interesting to see the step-like set up they use for growing the tea. There is definitely a lot of work that goes into making tea. I guess it is an "art" as one of the lecturers had said earlier. After our tour we got the chance to try some tea and learn the correct technique of pouring tea.
After lunch, we went to a really interesting place called Bamboola Taiwan. The presenter there was probably one of the most interesting people I have ever met. I don't know how to explain his personality but he had this aura that displayed an inner calmness and also strength. There were many items there called "puzzle boxes" that had secret ways of opening the boxes. I was only able to open the easier ones and if I could open them it would be a great safe to have. This was one of my favorite trip stops. I will definitely be going back there.
Before heading to Xitou for the night, we stopped at the Lugu Farmer's Association. While there, we did some tea tasting. The people there ran us through the tea evaluation process. I really enjoyed the 4th and 5th of the five teas. There was no clear cut winner after our whole group voted. All of the teas had such different flavors, which may explain the close results.
I'm really happy to finally be Xitou! We will begin our projects pretty soon but still have a few days to explore before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment